Ganglion Cyst - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst.
What was the cause of your ganglion cyst?

I had a ganglion cyst on my hand a few years ago, and it came back last month. I found that wrapping the hand in an Ace bandage helped to reduce the pain, and in each case, the cyst disappeared in a few days also. The bandage helped me to keep from over-flexing the joint, and I think that the steady pressure pushed the fluid from the cyst. I now have a large cyst on my ankle and I'll try the same. Ace to the rescue!.

I am an RN and have cared for infants for 28 years. I have had a ganglion cyst on the top of my left wrist for 2 years. Yesterday I discovered a new one the palm side of my right wrist. They are both painful for 3-4 days then the pain subsides. Unfortunately not both at the same time so I always have pain. I attribute these cysts to tissue breakdown in my wrists from 28 years of pulling diaper tabs from changing diapers 1- 24 times per day! Application of heat does help..