Seasonal Depression (SAD) (cont.)
Seasonal Depression Treatment
Self-Care at Home
The following activities or lifestyle changes may help prevent seasonal affective disorder or improve the symptoms:
- Spend at least 30 minutes outside every day.
- Set a timer on a light to go on early in the morning in the bedroom.
- Use a dawn simulator for a more naturalistic artificial dawn.
- Take daily walks outside.
- Increase indoor lighting with regular lamps and fixtures.
Must Read Articles Related to Seasonal Depression (SAD)
SSRIs and Depression
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressants that affect serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical neurotransmitter. Side ef...learn more >>
Understanding Antidepressant Medications
There are many types of depression such as clinical depression, major depression, seasonal affective depression, dysthymia, and bipolar disorder. There are a va...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Seasonal Depression (SAD):