Seasonal Depression (SAD) (cont.)
Seasonal Depression Home Remedies
The following activities or lifestyle changes may help prevent seasonal affective disorder or improve the symptoms:
- Spend at least 30 minutes outside every day.
- Set a timer on a light to go on early in the morning in the bedroom.
- Use a dawn simulator for a more naturalistic artificial dawn.
- Take daily walks outside.
- Increase indoor lighting with regular lamps and fixtures.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 1/7/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Seasonal Depression (SAD)
SSRIs and Depression
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressants that affect serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical neurotransmitter. Side ef...learn more >>
Understanding Antidepressant Medications
There are many types of depression such as clinical depression, major depression, seasonal affective depression, dysthymia, and bipolar disorder. There are a va...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Seasonal Depression (SAD):