Senior Health Overview
Certain physiological changes take place in the human body as a natural part of aging.
- Physical changes of aging can potentially occur in every organ and can affect an older person's health and lifestyle.
- Many diseases and conditions become more common in the senior population.
- Psychological and social issues often play an important role in both physical and mental health of older adults.
- Diet and regular exercise can significantly improve seniors' health outcomes.
- A number of screening and preventive tests are recommended for seniors.
- Simple home safety measures can optimize the health of seniors.
- Because of complexity of medical care of the elderly, a medical specialty called geriatrics is dedicated to senior health.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/23/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Senior Health
Exercise has been shown to reduce one's risk of heart disease, diabetes, colon and breast cancer, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and reduce depression an...learn more >>
Healthy Lifestyles for Seniors
Healthy lifestyle changes for seniors' an important part of aging. Taking charge of your health, getting the required medical tests and immunizations, proper di...learn more >>
Nutrition and Diet
Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamin...learn more >>