Senior Health Overview
Certain physiological changes take place in the human body as a natural part of aging.
- Physical changes of aging can potentially occur in every organ and can affect an older person's health and lifestyle.
- Many diseases and conditions become more common in the senior population.
- Psychological and social issues often play an important role in both physical and mental health of older adults.
- Diet and regular exercise can significantly improve seniors' health outcomes.
- A number of screening and preventive tests are recommended for seniors.
- Simple home safety measures can optimize the health of seniors.
- Because of complexity of medical care of the elderly, a medical specialty called geriatrics is dedicated to senior health.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/23/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Senior Health
Exercise has been shown to reduce one's risk of ...learn more >>
Healthy Lifestyles for Seniors
Healthy lifestyle changes for seniors' an important part of aging. Taking charge of your health, getting the required medical tests and immunizations, proper di...learn more >>
Nutrition and Diet
Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamin...learn more >>