Senior Health Topic Guide
Senior Health: As a natural part of aging, certain physiological changes take place in the body. Aging comes with changes in the skin, bones, joints, mobility, body shape, face, teeth, gums, hair, nails, hormones, metabolism, memory, immune system, hearing, vision, smell, taste, bowel, bladder, and sleep. Lifestyle changes, getting regular medical checkups and tests can help prevent disease as we age.
Diet and Nutrition Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. A healthy variety of food provides nutrients for health and weight management and weight loss.
Expert Views and News
Healthy Aging Resources
- 10 Symptoms of a COPD Flare-Up
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication