Viewer Comments: Sepsis (Blood Infection) - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sepsis:

Sepsis (Blood Infection) - Treatments

How was your sepsis treated?

Comment from: Princess, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I just got out of the hospital after 7 days of being treated for sepsis. I was on IVs for 7 days, and 2 antibiotics day and night. I had all the symptoms and my husband called 911 for the paramedics to take me to the emergency room. I really didn't realize just how serious my condition was. I wish I knew how to prevent getting it again.

Comment from: Linda B, Female (Caregiver) Published: February 22

All I know is this infection Sepsis is a bad boy for sure. My mother-in-law age 83 got it from a tooth extraction back in November and has taken antibiotic after antibiotic. She has had all the symptoms that you all have mentioned.

Comment from: SepsisSurvivor, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I'd like to add another cause: broken placenta that was left in the uterus for two weeks and became infected. It was not until it was removed via D&E that some of the toxins entered the bloodstream and caused the septic shock I experienced. Treatment was aggressive IV treatment and a stay in the ICU. I fortunately recovered but it was close.

I got this infection after surgery. I had all the symptoms listed here. This is no fun for sure! I had a high fever and uncontrollable shakes throughout my body. I had it for just under 48 hours. My doctor tried 3 antibiotics! The third one kicked it!

Must Read Articles Related to Sepsis (Blood Infection)

Bacterial Pneumonia
Bacterial Pneumonia Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. People with pneumonia usually complain about coughing, fever, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Your body's imm...learn more >>
Cellulitis
Cellulitis Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and soft tissues that causes swelling, redness, tenderness and warmth. Treatment will involve antibiotics. Sever...learn more >>
Fever (in Adults)
Fever in Adults A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sepsis:

Sepsis (Blood Infection) - Causes

What was the cause of your sepsis (blood infection)?

Sepsis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your sepsis?