Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
Do not attempt to treat severe reactions or to "wait it out" at home. Go immediately to the nearest emergency department or call an ambulance.
While waiting for the ambulance, try to stay calm.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/10/2014
Jerry R. Balentine, DO, FACEP
Must Read Articles Related to Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock):
Anaphylaxis - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your anaphylaxis?
Anaphylaxis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with anaphylaxis
Anaphylaxis - Treatments
What was the treatment for your anaphylaxis?
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?