Viewer Comments: Anaphylaxis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock):

Anaphylaxis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with anaphylaxis

Comment from: Patty, 55-64 Female Published: September 21

My left hand begins to swell, then my top lip on one side begins to swell. It moves to the other side of my lip. This has happen twice in a month. My left ear was swollen this time too. I haven't done anything different. I haven't eaten anything different.

Comment from: gemma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 08

Since having my 2nd child in September 09 I have devolved several allergies to many different things, it all started when she was 2 weeks old I ate a new recipe of which in 10mins I had a severe reaction, it started with sneezing, then itching. I rang the pharmacist and they said if lips swell ring the an ambulance, 2 minutes after putting the phone down I was blue, my husband rushed me to the hospital and I can't really remember the rest although I was pumped with adrenalin and steroids. I have since had allergy testing, and have recently had another bad reaction again being admitted to hospital. My only advice is watch what u eat, always carry medication and an epi pen and don't panic.

Comment from: Lady M, 45-54 Female Published: February 02

Over the past couple of years, once in a while I will wake with a scratchy throat. Next thing I know my sinus is completely blocked and my eyes are red and puffy. Sometimes I will have diarrhea with these symptoms. This only happens at night when I am asleep. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Must Read Articles Related to Severe Allergic Reaction (Anaphylactic Shock)

Allergy Shots
Allergy Shots Some allergens are simply impossible to avoid. You cannot live a normal life and completely avoid pollen, dust mites, mold spores, and certain other common trig...learn more >>

Anaphylaxis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis - Treatments

What was the treatment for your anaphylaxis?