Sexually Transmitted Diseases (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
A medical examination may be necessary if a person believes he or she may have an STD or if he or she may have been exposed to someone with an STD. Being seen by a doctor as soon as possible after exposure to an STD is important; these infections can easily spread to others and can have serious complications.
Go to a hospital's emergency department in these circumstances if:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/19/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?