Shin Splints Topic Guide
Shin Splints: Shin splints is pain along the shin bone that may be caused by muscle strain, muscle tightness, overuse, poor biomechanical alignment, or anterior compartment syndromes. Additional symptoms include a crunchy feeling caused by inflammation and a lump or gap felt at the site of pain. Treatment may involve rest, ice, compression, and elevation, along with the use of antiinflammatory medications.
Must Read Articles:
Running Learn about the history of running, benefits of jogging, what muscles are used, running and weight loss, running risks, how to run with proper running form, running shoes and clothing, how to get started running, running races as a beginner, how to train, interval training, and famous runners.
Expert Views and News
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu