IN THIS ARTICLE
Herpes zoster virus causes shingles. No one knows for sure what causes the chickenpox virus to become reactivated to cause shingles. Some investigators suggest that the following conditions may participate in virus reactivation, since they have been associated with a higher incidence of shingles. This is a list of only some of the major conditions that may trigger reactivation but have as yet not been proven to do so:
Must Read Articles Related to Shingles
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles:
Shingles - Diagnosis
How was your case of shingles diagnosed?
Shingles - Symptoms and Signs
What were the symptoms and signs of your shingles?
Shingles - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your shingles?
- Shingles and Other Common Skin Problems
- Is Your Eczema Under Control?
- 7 Ways to Curb Your Psoriasis Flare-Ups
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?