Viewer Comments: Shoulder Dislocation - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation:

Shoulder Dislocation - Patient Experience

How did you dislocate your shoulder and how was it treated? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: critter52, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I fell getting out of our truck onto black ice. I landed very hard on my right side. My dislocated shoulder was placed back in at the emergency room and placed in a sling for a week. It is still very sore, aches and I do not have full range of motion yet.

Comment from: Jonathan W., Male (Patient) Published: October 30

I slept on my arm wrong somehow and when my brother came to wake me I sat up too quickly and my shoulder just popped out and this has not happened for two years until yesterday and this happens when I sleep and it is unbearable to live with.

Must Read Articles Related to Shoulder Dislocation

Shoulder Separation
Shoulder Separation A shoulder separation occurs after a fall or a sharp blow to the top of the shoulder. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, and an obvious upward pointing ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation:

Shoulder Dislocation - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your shoulder dislocation?