Viewer Comments: Shoulder Dislocation - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation:

Shoulder Dislocation - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your shoulder dislocation?

Comment from: injuried person, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I injured my left shoulder rotator cuff injury in January. I fell in my shower. I'm in physical therapy and the pulley exercises haven't helped. I am getting my arm to rise higher. I've got no feeling in my left hand. I've been immobilized for two months now.

Comment from: magnoliamom, 55-64 Female Published: June 17

Both my shoulders have spontaneously dislocated since I was in elementary school. I am now in my mid-50's. Both my hips spontaneously dislocate. I now have arthritis in my hips and my shoulders, as well as my spine and several other joints in my body. I personally believe the laxity of my tendons that allow these spontaneous dislocations may be genetically linked and also a contributing factor to the multiple arthritis locations, and multiple pain locations.

Must Read Articles Related to Shoulder Dislocation

Shoulder Separation
Shoulder Separation A shoulder separation occurs after a fall or a sharp blow to the top of the shoulder. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, and an obvious upward pointing ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shoulder Dislocation:

Shoulder Dislocation - Patient Experience

How did you dislocate your shoulder and how was it treated? Please describe your experience.