IN THIS ARTICLE
After the Procedure
After the procedure, you may experience mild abdominal cramping and gas as a result of the air that was placed in your intestine. Some people may have slight rectal bleeding due to minor irritation and trauma from the insertion of the sigmoidoscope.
Michael J Klevens, MD
Jacob W Ufberg, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Thomas Rebbecchi, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Sigmoidoscopy
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair