IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
You should notify the doctor if you experience severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or heavy bleeding after a sigmoidoscopy.
Your doctor may instruct you to go to the hospital's emergency department if you experience severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, or heavy bleeding after a sigmoidoscopy.
Michael J Klevens, MD
Jacob W Ufberg, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Thomas Rebbecchi, MD, FAAEM
Must Read Articles Related to Sigmoidoscopy
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair