Sigmoidoscopy Topic Guide
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) Diverticulitis is an inflammation of the diverticula in the colon. This conditions is referred to as diverticulosis. Causes of Diverticulosis (diverticulitis) include aging, a low fiber diet, frequent constipation and bowel straining. Symptoms of diverticulitis include abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, and cramping. Treatment generally requires a high fiber diet and frequent liquid hydration to prevent constipation. If complications occur with the disease or it becomes severe, surgery may be necessary.
Expert Views and News
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?