Viewer Comments: Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

...
Comment from: Ann Barry, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I experienced sudden, very severe pain above my left eye whilst coming in to land on a plane recently. It was so bad; the air crew asked if there was a doctor on board. They gave me various tests (which I later realized were for the possibility of a minor stroke), but concluded, happily for me, that it was a sinus infection after a cold I had had the previous three days. The pressure in the cabin was changed by the pilot re-ascending and then landing more slowly, and the pain virtually disappeared. However, the pain was extreme and unexpected.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I am pregnant and about 2 months ago I had a really bad cold the medicine I could take wouldn't help, it turned into my 1st sinus infection. I was very congested, had sinus pain and pressure and my top left teeth hurt badly Tylenol would not help. My doc put me on antibiotics and within 24 hours I was feeling better. Then 2 weeks ago my congestion got worse the pressure and headaches were back my throat hurt I was hot all the time. I am now on my 2nd round of antibiotics so let's hope it works this time.

Comment from: ace, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

The infection started in my teeth. I couldn't even chew gum. I thought I had a really bad cavity, then it spread to my jaw went up to my eyeballs I couldn't even touch my eye. Then it started spreading across my forehead and now it's in my neck. My skin is very sensitive to the touch and I feel like I have the flu.

Comment from: alex, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I get constant sinus infections. over the past few months my sinuses have gotten worse and I now have bruised eye sockets and terrible headaches.

Comment from: champagnedimeime, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 17

Someone please help me. My sinus infection is killing my eyes. I have had head aches for 5 days. I hear my sinus pop when I take medicines like alka selzers, and tylenol cold---but i want something for good. Bedsides, the doctor wont see me for 2 weeks. Should I go to the emergency room?

Comment from: artificialThespian, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

My nostrils are both slightly blocked, and my throat is a little sore and it hurts to swallow. My tonsils are swollen a bit, too.

Comment from: martini, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I have blocked sinuses with facial pain on the right. I can't smell anything. I have a very blocked left ear, which buzzes and is sometimes painful.

Comment from: ginnie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I'm not sure if it's a sinus infection, but my left eye keeps watering and hurts to touch around that area. And my left nostril seems to be clogged.

Published: June 19

I experience everything. The worse part about mine is the bad breath.

Comment from: Hawls, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I have had a sinus infection for three days. This is the first time it has settled in the right side of my mouth. My gums, roof of my mouth and all skin areas are so sensitive that drinking water hurts them. I can't brush my teeth they are so sensitive. I can't eat but little tiny bites on my left side. My teeth hurt. I have swelling on the right side of my face and I can feel slight pain now and then on the right nasal passageway.

Comment from: Rosali, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 11

The symptoms are thick yellowish green discharge, blocked nose with difficulty in breathing, pain and pressure over the affected sinus area with headache and cough.

...

Must Read Articles Related to Sinus Infection

Bronchitis (Chronic)
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>
Colds
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone. Symptoms and s...learn more >>
Cough
Coughs A cough is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition. A chronic or persistent cough may signal certain lung conditions that should be evaluated by a healt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection (Sinusitis) - Surgery

Please share your experience with sinus surgery.

Sinus Infection (Sinusitis) - Experience

Please share your experience with sinus infections or sinusitis.

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?