Viewer Comments: Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

Comment from: ducky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

When mine starts, it starts behind right eye into the temple. I have ear pain and pressure on whole right side of my face and a very tender neck, but no sore throat.

Comment from: chmama, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I just got over a bad cold that lasted two weeks now for the past week I've had a horrible sharp yet dull pain/headache above my right eyebrow. Along with extreme tenderness to touch on brow line, and annoying twitching in eyebrow and around eye socket, not the eye itself. Evenings seems to be the worst when it feels like my eyes are being sucked into my forehead.

Comment from: Old golfer, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 17

I have had many sinus infections before but never to this point. My face and nose have swelled to the point that my left eye is starting to close. I have been on amoxicillin 875 for one day now. I am better but the swelling from my eye to my neck is still bad. I can only hope this will change within the next day or two.

Comment from: Quacker , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have a headache above my eyebrows, cheekbones and back of my head. Green nasal discharge and some blood stained runny nasal discharge. Frequent gentle nose blowing required.

Comment from: Sunshine, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I have suffered from sinus infections for years and had two sinus surgeries and one frontal sinus obliteration. The infections would get better for a few weeks but then get worse. Now that I have had the obliteration surgery there does not seem much that can be done and I am in bed for weeks at a time, great pain. The Infection Disease doctor (first appointment) has scheduled a bone scan to see if the infection has spread to the bone. USE MUCINEX AND THE SINUS WASH!

Comment from: Matilda, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I first noticed severe pain in my ears and headache.The initial nasal discharge consisted of a large circular piece of a clear plastic this was followed by a quarter size solid piece similar to rubber.I produced one daily for a week then inserted a saline and warm water mixture into my nose and in two days this discharge ceased.

Comment from: Betty Boop, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I woke up one morning with a slight headache and my toothache. Throughout days I pretended to be superwoman and tried to block out the pain but that didn't work. My nose was stuffy and at night it was hard for me to get good sleep due to the congestion in my nose. My right side temple was throbbing and the right side of my mouth, the upper gum, back area of my mouth felt as if it was cramping. This was the first time I was introduced to a sinus infection and hopefully it is the last one!

Comment from: apple, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 09

I had a sore throat for two days, and I still went to work. On the second day when I had the sore throat I started sneezing and coughing and then on the four day I went to work feeling fine, but I was coughing and sneezing and my left ear was hurting.

Published: December 14

When I had a sinus infection, I had extreme jaw and mouth pain, and pain in cheek and head.

Comment from: Headachet, 25-34 (Patient) Published: November 22

It started with my left ear feeling plugged. Then the next day I was a little congested then a severe headache. It hit me out of nowhere and was extremely painful. Tylenol did nothing for me. It was pain behind my eyes above my ears and this occured everytime i would move my head. I have sweats and chills, achy muscles and no energy. Noise and bright light seems to make it worse. My jaw, teeth and neck ache as well. The pain makes me feel nauseated.

Comment from: MrM, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I endured lots of sneezing, pressure and pain on my face and on my upper teeth, with severe nasal congestion getting much worse at night. I also had a runny nose, eventually turning to a thick, greenish/yellow discharge. I had a metallic taste in my mouth bad breath and I was almost unable to distinguish smells.

Must Read Articles Related to Sinus Infection

Bronchitis (Chronic)
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone. Symptoms and s...learn more >>
Coughs A cough is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition. A chronic or persistent cough may signal certain lung conditions that should be evaluated by a healt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?