Viewer Comments: Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your sinus infection?

...
Comment from: fed up, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I have had sinus surgery twice and things have gotten a little better. However, I still have sinus infections quite a bit of the time. I have tried everything in the market for relief. Nothing really works for long. This infection has me kind of dizzy and disoriented. Let me tell you, I do not like this feeling at all. I am on third dose of antibiotics, I have good days and bad. I have 6 days left but can tell it is not gone. Like everyone else here I need help! Also right ear hurts all the time, I constantly have cotton in it to relieve pressure and pain.

Comment from: andrea, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

My jaws hurt and ache as well as my gums the past two mornings, and I have been kind of sick to my stomach. I mowed grass yesterday and did some yard work and felt really bad afterwards. My nose is either stuffy or running, face throbs and about the only relief I get is from Tylenol. I also sneeze 4 to 6 times or more in a row because of the sinus infection.

Comment from: Jessica, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

With my sinus infection I experienced dull aches in my cheeks, forehead, headache, and a dull annoying ache in my upper jaw by my back teeth, made worse when lying down. My nose dripped hot watery mucus even though my nose felt very stuffy and congested.

Comment from: Margo, 55-64 Female Published: February 20

My sinus infection started with two severe dizzy spells which turned into a headache and slight nauseous feeling. Never having had a migraine I thought this could be my first. The next day I woke up with my eyes swollen and inflamed. Still with the headache symptoms. The third and fourth days I had severe pain in my throat, neck, forehead and eyes. My eyelids and just below the eyes were shockingly bright reddish pink and leaked for 48 hours straight along with my nose. I also began coughing that third day and developed a fever. I drank water continuously and took some Sovereign Silver, from the health food store, several times a day. On the fifth day I was feeling better however I was coughing up phlegm and began to worry that what ever I had was moving into my lungs. On that day I went to the doctors and ( I would have gone earlier but my two worst days was a Saturday and Sunday.) Upon examination, including a blood test for an increased white blood count and a throat swab and still with a fever everything was ruled out except the sinus infection. I am now taking 10 days of the antibotic, Amoxicillin. In all of the areas in my head that I mentioned; throat, eyes, head, neck, and forehead, the pain was absolutely acute. I wish to add that I was not sick prior to this attack, and I do feel it was an attack, however the day before I had been on a 6 hour plane flight.

Comment from: Jaw, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I am of age 65. I have mild pain and tenderness to touch to my right cheek, and a slight swelling. I do have sinus problems due to allergies to dust, trees, and grass, no fever.

Comment from: Jmossa, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I am constantly having sinus headaches that last sometimes up to a week or longer. I have tried everything to relieve the pain but nothing helps. The worst pressure I have is behind my eyes and it's unbearable.

Comment from: Mare, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

My sinus infection symptoms are: dry swollen sinus, tinnitus, stiff neck, and drainage in back of throat on left side. Sinus surgery is scheduled on Wednesday of this week. I have hypogammaglobulinemia and recently, Addison's disease. I am on gamma globulin and not getting better. I'm also on massive steroid treatments. I give up!

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

In October I had pleurisy and atelectasis which was treated with Naproxen, Tylenol and Aleve after the Naproxen. A scan was done for clots but not on the sinuses. The lungs cleared and the sinus pain began. I have completed 4 courses of antibiotics all different with no success. Recently I have blood coming from my nose. When I rinse the sinuses with salt water the blood pours into the sink from my nose. I have pressure on my face, headache, and pressure on my right eye and I am tired. I have noticed some fuzzy thinking and some fuzzy thinking and when the headache is bad some forgetfulness. I have gone to the doctor o going at least once a week plus to emergency once. The doctor in emergency said they would refer to a specialist who would see me quickly. It is two weeks and when I called they said they had a lot of paper work and when they see mine they would call with an appointment. When they do a scan for a clot in the lungs do they scan the sinuses and the brain or do they just scan the lungs. I am unhappy with the med system and I feel scared.

...

Must Read Articles Related to Sinus Infection

Bronchitis (Chronic)
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>
Colds
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone. Symptoms and s...learn more >>
Cough
Coughs A cough is a symptom of an underlying disease or condition. A chronic or persistent cough may signal certain lung conditions that should be evaluated by a healt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Infection:

Sinus Infection - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your sinus infection?

Sinus Infection (Sinusitis) - Surgery

Please share your experience with sinus surgery.

Sinus Infection (Sinusitis) - Experience

Please share your experience with sinus infections or sinusitis.