Viewer Comments: Skin cancer - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Skin Cancer:

Skin cancer - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your skin cancer?

Comment from: hazel, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

I was diagnosed two years ago with melanoma beside my ear. I had surgery to remove it.

Comment from: skin cancer, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 09

I wish we could get young people to realize how dangerous all the sunbathing is, whether indoor or outdoor. I wish I had known the statistic for fair-skinned people when I was younger and lying in a tanning bed. I try to talk to people about the dangers, but much like I was, they are more interested in their appearance for now than what is a possibility for their future.

Comment from: snowdinmn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

II have a scar on my right cheek from a large mole removed when I was three years old. It was itchy and the bumpy red part bled when scratched. Turns out it was Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Must Read Articles Related to Skin Cancer

Common Health Tests
Common Health Tests Common health tests may be performed in your doctor's office or even in the pharmacy. Regular health checks and screening for certain diseases and conditions ha...learn more >>
Mole Removal
Mole Removal Moles may be removed using excision and stitches or excision and cauterization. Risks of mole removal include infection, nerve damage, and anesthetic allergy. L...learn more >>
Skin Biopsy
Skin Biopsy Your doctor may want to obtain a sample of skin in order to diagnose diseases of the skin, such as those caused by bacteria, fungi, or other chronic skin condit...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Skin Cancer:

Skin Cancer - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin cancer.

Skin Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your skin cancer?