Viewer Comments: Skin cancer - Signs and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Skin Cancer:

Skin cancer - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you experience with your skin cancer?

Comment from: Diane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I had a small mole on my back (amongst others). It started to get itchy and I just used to scratch it. As it was in the center of my back, I couldn't see that it had changed slightly in shape. There was also a very dark spot that had appeared in the center. The itching would drive me mad to the point where it was waking me in the night. I noticed a few spots of blood on the back of my clothing. After months of itching I thought I would get it checked out. It turned out to be a malignant melanoma. I had it removed but then I had to return for them to cut away a deeper area.

Comment from: snowdinmn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have a scar on my right cheek from a large mole removed when I was three years old. It was itchy and the bumpy red part bled when scratched. Turns out it was Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Must Read Articles Related to Skin Cancer

Common Health Tests
Common Health Tests Common health tests may be performed in your doctor's office or even in the pharmacy. Regular health checks and screening for certain diseases and conditions ha...learn more >>
Mole Removal
Mole Removal Moles may be removed using excision and stitches or excision and cauterization. Risks of mole removal include infection, nerve damage, and anesthetic allergy. L...learn more >>
Skin Biopsy
Skin Biopsy A skin biopsy is a test in which a doctor learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Skin Cancer:

Skin Cancer - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin cancer.

Skin Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your skin cancer?