Sleeplessness and Circadian Rhythm Disorder (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Doctor
A doctor may be able to answer questions about sleep-related issues. The following questions may help in identifying ways to improve sleep:
- How can I make my environment more conducive to
- Do any of my medications or herbal
- How does caffeine influence
my ability to fall asleep?
- How can I minimize the effect of changing shift work
on my ability to sleep?
- How can I minimize the effect of jet lag when I
- What techniques can I use on my own to improve my
ability to fall asleep and stay asleep?
- How can I minimize my reaction to daytime stresses so
I can fall asleep?
- How does my family history
influence my likelihood of having a sleep disorder?
- What can I do to help my teenager not only fall asleep but also wake up in time for school?
Must Read Articles Related to Sleeplessness and Circadian Rhythm Disorder
Insomnia affects most people at some point in their lifetime. Insomnia is actually a symptoms of a condition, disease, or situation. Non-medical treatment of in...learn more >>
Primary insomnia is sleeplessness that cannot be attributed to a medical, psychiatric, or environmental cause (such as drug abuse or medications). Treatment may...learn more >>
Seasonal Depression (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that is tied to seasons of the year. Symptoms include depressed mood, fatigue, feelings of worthlessne...learn more >>