Viewer Comments: Sleepwalking - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sleepwalking:

Sleepwalking - Experience

Do you sleepwalk, or do you know someone that sleepwalks?

Comment from: jmlinck, 35-44 Male Published: December 21

My son, who is now 40 years old has experienced sleepwalking, which was witnessed by his wife. My son has sleepwalked since a young child. I am concerned because I thought that was normal for young children.

Comment from: Nona, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I've been a sleepwalker since about 5 years of age, I'm now 53. I can go months, even years between episodes. Stress seems to be the trigger, concern for my elderly dog during the recent cold snap set me off recently. I woke up, lying on the bed, shivering, no duvet, pillows. Downstairs my dog was asleep under a mountain of cushions, towels, pillows and my duvet. This was at least amusing, less amusing was the time I sleep-drove, taking the car out of the garage, driving about 2 miles before returning. How do I know what I did? I delivered a nonsense letter to a friend, the only recognizable bit being my signature.

Comment from: mslili, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I have a seizure disorder since 1991. I was wondering if this can cause sleepwalking. I just started sleepwalking a couple of weeks ago and I'm starting to do it a lot. When I do it I don't remember it the next day. My boyfriend would tell me everything what happened. I would do my sleepwalking around the house and he'd follow me around and watch me where I'd go or do. My sleepwalking most likely happens early morning between 1am-5am.

Comment from: Glenn, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 27

I have been a sleep walker all my life. I am 40 and I still do it. I have cooked entire meals. My concern is, my 3 year old is doing it now. It scares me because I too could have burned the house to the ground.

Must Read Articles Related to Sleepwalking

Sleep Disorders and Aging
Sleep Disorders and Aging Are you one of millions of seniors in the US who think life would be pretty good if you could just get some sleep? Sleep disturbances are very common ...learn more >>
Sleep: Understanding the Basics
Sleep: Understanding the Basics Sleep is defined as a state of unconsciousness from which a person can be aroused. In this state, the brain is relatively more responsive to internal stimuli th...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sleepwalking:

Sleepwalking - Treatment

What treatment was effective for the sleepwalking?