Viewer Comments: Smoke Inhalation - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation:

Smoke Inhalation - Treatment

What was the treatment for your smoke inhalation?

Comment from: Jason, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I'm still unsure how my smoke inhalation was treated. I was told when I woke up in the Intensive care unit, I was one lucky man, the doctor said that I am meant to be here, and he is glad he studied medicine. I was put on oxygen, and injected with morphine whilst in hospital, then when I was discharged was given steroids and asthma puffers. Three years on and I am now on a CPAP machine and have also been told that I need an oxygen concentrator!

Comment from: Coconut, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I was watching a movie on my iPad when I burned the beans. I didn't notice the smoke! I turned off the stove, turned on fans, opened doors, and crawled out to the porch. I am 89 and I live alone. Always put the timer on when cooking, and be sure your smoke alarm has a fresh battery. Mine didn't, but it does now.

Must Read Articles Related to Smoke Inhalation

Bronchitis (Chronic)
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation:

Smoke Inhalation - Causes

What was the cause of your smoke inhalation?

Smoke Inhalation - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your smoke inhalation?