Viewer Comments: Smoke Inhalation - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation:

Smoke Inhalation - Causes

What was the cause of your smoke inhalation?

Comment from: Debbie L, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

The source of my smoke inhalation was plastic beads in a neck warmer that caught on fire in a microwave causing smoke damage. I have had headaches and burning in the back of my throat since coming back into the home and I have had severe fatigue and numbness and tingling of the tongue in conjunction with a bitter taste on my tongue that increases by eating acidic foods. Numbness and tingling increase by sniffing fabrics/carpet.

Comment from: 45-54 Female Published: April 12

My sister's boyfriend put a frozen potpie in the microwave instead of the oven for 50 minutes and when I walked up in their apt. it was filled with smoke. I grabbed my baby niece and went outside. I believe it was the carton that burned beyond recognition. It burned my throat and chest, I couldn't even breathe. He was up in the apt. longer then me because he was opening all the windows which then smoke poured out of them..

Must Read Articles Related to Smoke Inhalation

Bronchitis
Bronchitis Bronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutan...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Smoke Inhalation:

Smoke Inhalation - Treatment

What was the treatment for your smoke inhalation?

Smoke Inhalation - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your smoke inhalation?