Sore Throat Topic Guide
Flu in Adults Flu (influenza) is an acute infection of the nose and throat airways. This infection may spread to the lungs. Flu is the most frequent cause of acute respiratory infection in people of all ages. Symptoms of the flu include fever, severe aches and pains, headache, dry cough, sore throat, and at times vomiting and nausea. Treatment for the flu include home remedies such as OTC pain relievers, rest, and hydration. Medical treatment for the flu include antiviral medication and antibiotics.
Expert Views and News
Cold and Flu Resources
- Learn How to Treat and Conceal Cold Sores
- Myths and Facts About Your Immune System
- Tips for Dry Skin
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?