Viewer Comments: Lumbar Spinal Stenosis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spinal Stenosis:

Lumbar Spinal Stenosis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with lumbar spinal stenosis.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

I have spinal stenosis combined with scoliosis throughout my spine. I first was afraid of MS, but then found out that it was my spine that was giving me the problem. I have constant pain and have been in physical therapy off and on for the past 30 years. Everything I try works temporarily. What I can tell the person who must work behind a desk for 6+ hours, is put a heated cushion down for relief. I am on leave for surgery and am finding that I may have the problems that were caused by my spine, not my other limbs. This disease takes a lot out of you. You cannot sit, stand or walk for long periods of time. It gets worse with age. I do physical therapy, but it does not last for long. What is worse are orthopedic doctors who do not believe you even when they see the MRI.

Comment from: romeo.bello, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 12

I am 39 yo and suffering from pain and numbness in the feet, leg, thigh and groin. It is hard for me to walk up to 200 meters. It's difficult for me to sit in a chair for a long period of time. It affects me in my work so much because I am always in front of a computer, sitting for as long as 6 to 7 hours a day. I need help.

Comment from: McBerk, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: November 02

Lunbar spinal stenosis: While I have tingling and numbness of the lower extremities and occasional disruption of normal bowel movements, the presence of erectile dysfunction stands out as the one complaint I receive, with no successful assistance. Medications fail to help. I'm 79 and I take physical therapy and I workout four times a week.

Comment from: mercedes, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I have lumbar spinal stenosis and was just involved in a rear end vehicle collision, was in passengers seat and a hummer rear ended us on the right back totaling the car. Now I'm in real bad pain this was 1 week ago.

Must Read Articles Related to Spinal Stenosis

Cauda Equina Syndrome
Cauda Equina Syndrome The spinal cord extends from the brain down through the spinal canal inside the vertebral column. The spinal cord is surrounded by dural sacs, which are extensi...learn more >>
CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan History CT was discovered independently by a British engineer named Sir Godfrey Hounsfield and Dr. Alan Cormack. It has become a mainstay for diagnosing med...learn more >>
Lumbar Laminectomy
Lumbar Laminectomy A lumbar laminectomy is removal or most of the bony arch of a vertebra. Risks include nerve damage, bleeding, infection, and blood clots.learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Spinal Stenosis:

Lumbar Spinal Stenosis - Symptoms

What was the treatment for your lumbar spinal stenosis?