When to Seek Medical Care
When to call the doctor
- If a person thinks they might have sporotrichosis, they should see a doctor about diagnosis and treatment.
- If someone is already being treated for sporotrichosis, they should contact a doctor if new sores develop or if the old ones appear to be growing, immediately if they have a weakened immune system.
When to go to the hospital
- Sporotrichosis in the skin or lymph nodes should not be dangerous or life threatening.
- Open ulcers can become infected with bacteria and may cause a secondary condition known as bacterial cellulitis.
- If a rapidly expanding area of redness, pain, and warmth around the original ulcers develops, a person should go to a hospital's emergency department for diagnosis.