Stages of Endometriosis
Staging is a way of describing how mild or severe a condition is. The stage of the endometriosis is determined by looking at the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries and inside the abdomen and lower pelvic area. Usually, this is done with a viewing instrument inserted through a small incision in the belly (laparoscopy). But endometriosis is sometimes first found during surgery for an unrelated condition.
Endometriosis is classified in four stages:
The stage of the endometriosis is based on the:
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Women's Health Resources
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Your Pre-Pregnancy Checklist
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication