Statins and Cholesterol (cont.)
Who should not
Individuals should not use statins if they:
- Are allergic to statins or their ingredients
- Are pregnant or planning a pregnancy
- Are breastfeeding
- Have active liver disease.
- Drink excessive amounts of alcohol or are an alcoholic
- Have a history of myopathy (a type of muscle disease).
- Have renal failure due to
Must Read Articles Related to Statins and Cholesterol
Coronary Heart Disease
Coronary heart disease (CHD), also called coronary artery disease, affects about 14 million men and women in the United States. Disease develops when a combinat...learn more >>
Hardening of the Arteries
Hardening of the arteries (arthrosclerosis) is a disorder that occurs when fat and cholesterol are deposited in the walls of the arteries, and harden into plaqu...learn more >>
A heart attack is an interruption in blood flow to the heart muscle. Arterial plaque rupture is often the cause of a heart attack. Symptoms of a heart attack ma...learn more >>