Stool Color Changes Topic Guide
Stool Color Changes: Stool color changes and textures to black, tarry, sticky, red, maroon, clay-colored, gray, pale, and yellow can have a variety of causes. Causes include pancreatitis, cancers, medication, changes in diet, and other conditions. Treatment of changes in stool color depend on the cause.
Gallstones Gallstones are solid particles that form from bile in the gallbladder. There are two types of gallstones, cholesterol and pigment. Causes of gallstones vary, and risk factors include female gender, obesity, crash dieting, and some medications. There are a variety of treatments for gallstones depending on the severity of the condition.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?