Viewer Comments: Strep Throat - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat:

Strep Throat - Cause

What was the cause of your strep throat?

Comment from: Judyb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I was just back from Mexico. Started as extreme tiredness, but I developed extremely sore throat with white patches. Had it enough when I was younger to know. Walk in clinic gave me Amoxicillin It's better but a week later I'm still feeling bad. Could still be virus from Mexico too.

Comment from: sickgal, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I cannot confirm exactly where I got strep throat, however I can confirm that I knowingly weakened my own immune system! I went out dancing, and came outside sweaty without a coat in minus 20 degree weather. I was drinking alcohol throughout the evening, and only got about 5 hours of sleep. So, I'm not surprised that my immune system was hit pretty hard after that! I'm not a college kid anymore...!

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

Yes, I work with preschoolers. Later, when I got to work, I saw the school nurse and she said I had a fever and she did the swab and I was positive for strep. I never had it and don't want it.

Must Read Articles Related to Strep Throat

Skin Rashes in Children
Skin Rashes in Children Skin rashes in children may be categorized as bacterial, viral, life-threatening, fungal, and parasitic rashes. Oftentimes, the associated symptoms help establi...learn more >>
Sore Throat
Sore Throat Sore throats are generally named for the anatomical site affected. The pharynx, tonsils, adenoids, larynx, and epiglottis. Sore throat treatment depends on the ...learn more >>
Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the glands of the throat, which results in a sore throat. Tonsillitis is either viral or bacterial. Tonsillitis is contagious....learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Strep Throat:

Strep Throat - Experience

Please describe your experience with strep throat.

Strep Throat - Home Remedies

What remedies have you found helpful in soothing the symptoms of strep throat?

Strep Throat - Complications

What complications did you have, or someone you know had, from strep throat?

Strep Throat - Length Symptoms Lasted

How long did the symptoms of your strep throat last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Strep Throat - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your strep throat?