Stroke-Related Dementia Topic Guide
Stroke A stroke is a medical emergency. When a person has a stroke, part of the blood supply to the brain is cut off or greatly decreased. There are two main types of stroke, ischemic and hemorrhagic. Stroke symptoms includes dizziness, sudden headache, weakness in an arm or leg on the same side, weakness in the muscles of the face, difficulty speaking, vision problems, and more. Treatment of stroke depends on the type and severity of the stroke suffered.
Expert Views and News
- AFib: Get a Personalized Action Plan
- Taking Care of Someone After a Stroke
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?