IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Stroke is a medical emergency. If you think you are having a stroke or a person with you is having a stroke, immediately call 9-1-1 for an ambulance and transport to a hospital's emergency department; do not delay in making the call to 9-1-1.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/11/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Stroke
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Stroke:
Stroke - Treatment
What was the treatment for your stroke?
Stroke - Prevention
What are you doing to prevent stroke?
Stroke - Symptoms
For stroke, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?
Stroke - Prognosis and Recovery
Please describe your stroke recovery.
- AFib: Get a Personalized Action Plan
- Taking Care of Someone After a Stroke
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?