Viewer Comments: Parkinson's Disease - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Migraine Headache:

Parkinson's Disease - Effective Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your Parkinson's disease?

Comment from: #T11 #T12, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I suffer from cluster migraines, they usually last three days. It generally starts with feeling a bit off for a day, before it hits. I generally suffer with pain at the back of my head, and pain on one side of my head, usually my left but sometimes my right. I am extremely light sensitive, and noise sensitive also. I have extreme nausea and vomiting. The migraine totally stops me in my tracks as I cannot function normally for days. The migraine slowly makes its way through my head. If it starts on the left over a three-day period it will progress to the right before it goes, with vomiting included. I usually try to sleep through the event. I had six episodes within a month, each lasting about three days. My doctor now has me on a daily tablet of Relpax, which has been so far successful in preventing the headache part of the migraine, but I am still suffering all other migraine symptoms. Vomiting, nausea, light and noise sensitivity… Instead of the headaches, my head feels off, blurry, woozy, dizziness and generally unwell, still lasting 3 days.

Comment from: JulieMarie1010, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I start feeling slow and then pain starts in the back of my head moves to my eyes and then my body starts to shake and then I either have to go lay down or go get sick.

Comment from: speakmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I had eye pain along with pain in the back of the head and neck. I also experienced sensitivity to light and sounds.

Comment from: nitiesha lamorelle, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I have migraine headaches for a while now I can't stand lights, noises, stress, frustration, and certain types of foods. I can't sleep with my head low. My head has to be high. I have taken different types of medication and I am having the same problem. I wonder what I can do to stop these headaches.

Comment from: lollypops, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

Starts with a general feeling of tiredness over a couple of days then get migraine aura (usually on waking. At same time as aura, develop dull headache and start to suffer stomach cramps. Paracetomol usually relieves some of the headache. Stomach cramps come and go but worsen for a time and get really bad nausea periodically. These symptoms last from 3-5 days, lessening gradually in severity. Also present light sensitivity, fatigue, blurry vision, and noise sensitivity.

Must Read Articles Related to Stroke

Aerobic Exercise
Aerobic Exercise Aerobic exercise is moderate physical activity that's sustained for a few minutes with the goal of improving health. Walking, biking, swimming, dancing, and jog...learn more >>
Atrial Fibrillation (A Fib)
Atrial Fibrillation Atrial fibrillation (A fib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or arrhythmia, results from abnormal electrical impulses in the hea...learn more >>
Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter Atrial flutter is an abnormality in the beating of the heart. Such abnormalities, whether in rhythm of heartbeat or speed of heartbeat, are known as arrhythmias...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Stroke:

Stroke - Prognosis and Recovery

Please describe your stroke recovery.

Stroke - Symptoms

For stroke, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Stroke - Treatment

What was the treatment for your stroke?

Stroke - Prevention

What are you doing to prevent stroke?