Viewer Comments: Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sty (Stye):

Sty (Stye) - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with sty (stye).

Comment from: BB, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

I get styes every once in a while. Years ago when I had a really bad one my doctor gave me an ointment called Tobrex. I always keep this on hand and if I ever start to get the feeling that a sty is coming on I apply a little bit to the spot. This has really worked for me and may be something that can help some of you.

Comment from: Grandpa, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 31

As a youngster I suffered from styes frequently. I was given a tea-spoon of yeast (few proprietary medicine options then). It didn't taste too good but the stye went pretty quickly.

Comment from: irishrover, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I get styes occasionally and they don't really seem to be stress related. I also have Rosacea that flares up occasionally. The latest stye showed up with a slight flare-up of Rosacea - I never noticed whether they did or did not show up at the same time before. I'll have to wait for the next one and pay more attention. I also have seborrhea on my scalp which has flared up nicely.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

I've had my Stye for 4 days now. I've been using the Stye drops. They sell over the counter. They really don't help much. I hope it goes away soon.

Comment from: Tink, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 17

My eleven year old daughter seems to get a sty every two to three weeks, but she had one last week that cleared up but now has one on the bottom of both eye lids. She is complaining that one is very sore and her eyelid is red. She doesn't wear any make-up

Must Read Articles Related to Sty

Contact Lenses
Contact Lenses Contact lenses are miraculous pieces of plastic that allow you to see without glasses. In most cases, contact lenses are used as a substitute for glasses, allow...learn more >>
Eyelid Inflammation (Blepharitis)
Eyelid Inflammation (Blepharitis) Blepharitis (BLEH-fuh-REYE-tis) is swelling and/or irritation of the eyelid, resulting from a bacterial infection, inflammation, or allergies. It is the most co...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sty (Stye):

Sty - Treatment

What was the treatment for your sty?

Sty - Remedies

Have you tried a self-care remedy for sty that worked?