Suicidal Thoughts (cont.)
Support Groups and Counseling
Many support groups exist to help people who are thinking of suicide learn how to deal with those feelings. If you or someone you know is considering suicide, call 1-800-SUICIDE. Individuals who have thought of suicide, attempted suicide, or people who are survivors of the suicide of a loved one may also benefit from these resources.
- Befrienders International: To find a local suicide prevention hotline, log on to the
web site of this suicide prevention group.
- Depression and Related Affective Disorders Association (DRADA) (410-955-4647)
- Mood Challenge Support Group (309-671-8000)
- Mood Disorders Support Group, Inc. (212-533-MDSG)
- National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (1-800-829-8289)
- National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association (1-800-826-3632)
- National Foundation for Depressive Illness (1-800-239-1265)
Must Read Articles Related to Suicidal Thoughts
End-of-Life Decision Making
End-of-life decision making typically involves creating two documents: an advance directive and a durable power of attorney for medical care.learn more >>
Grief and Bereavement
Grief is our personal experience of loss. Mourning is a public expression of our grief. Bereavement is the period after a loss during which mourning occurs (usu...learn more >>