Viewer Comments: Bad Sunburn - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sunburn (Sun Poisoning):

Bad Sunburn - Experience

Have you ever experienced a really bad sunburn? What was it like?

Comment from: RHGma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I recently sunburned the top of both feet to a point of second degree burns with blisters the size of lemons! It was very painful. It was excruciating to walk or have my feet down (where the circulation would cause more pain). I should have gone to the hospital right away, but I waited a week. Reviewing the situation doctors told me that I was probably in shock and needed medical attention sooner than I sought it. I took just about 4 weeks before I could wear shoes!

Comment from: pac1149, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

It felt like I was on fire, and I could hardly move. My aunt splashed WHITE VINEGAR ON MY BACK. It set me on fire, but it took the fire out of the burn. The next day I was fine. I am 62 now and I still remember it to this day.

Must Read Articles Related to Sunburn

Dehydration (Adults)
Dehydration in Adults Dehydration occurs when the loss of body fluids (mostly water), exceeds the amount that is taken in. Causes of dehydration include fever, vomiting, diarrhea, di...learn more >>
Dehydration in Children
Dehydration in Children Dehydration in children can result from not drinking enough liquids, vomiting, diarrhea, or combination of these conditions. Causes of dehydration in children i...learn more >>
Heat Rash
Heat Rash Heat rash (prickly heat) is a red or pink rash caused by plugged sweat glands. Symptoms include welts, hives (urticaria), raised red bumps, or itching. Treatmen...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sunburn (Sun Poisoning):

Sunburn - Treatment

What treatment do you use for sunburn relief?