Suture Care (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Go to the Hospital
If you develop any of the signs or symptoms of infection or have any of the other reasons to visit your doctor and your doctor cannot see you promptly (meaning that same day), you should go to the hospital's emergency department for examination and further treatment. Any deep long wound is likely to need suturing and additional care. Do not try to treat such wounds at home.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/9/2014
Hien L Tran, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Suture Care
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Suture Care:
Suture Care - Experience
Please describe your experience with suture care.
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication