Swimmer's Ear (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Swimmer's Ear Diagnosis
The doctor can easily make a diagnosis of swimmer's ear after taking a brief history and performing a limited physical examination. Pain produced by gently pulling on the ear as the doctor attempts to examine the ear canal is a likely sign of swimmer's ear.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/17/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Swimmer's Ear
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swimmer's Ear:
Swimmer's Ear - Causes
What was the cause of your swimmer's ear?
Swimmer's Ear - Home Remedies
What home remedies have been effective for your swimmer's ear?
Swimmer's Ear - Symptoms
What symptoms and signs did you experience with swimmer's ear?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?