Viewer Comments: Swimmer's Ear - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swimmer's Ear:

Swimmer's Ear - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with swimmer's ear?

Comment from: Shirley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I had excruciating pain. I've had this three times in a row. I also have swelling in my face, and ear discharge after a few days.

Comment from: 19F, 19-24 Female Published: December 28

This is extremely painful. My ear, jaw and neck are in excruciating pain. My ear is swollen and red. My neck is also swollen. I can't chew because my jaw won't shut.

Comment from: onejewell, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 12

I was bothered by swimmers ear for many years, treated by many doctors and various prescriptions. I finally decided to never again wash my ears with water. I started cleaning my ears with a q tip with a small amount of waterless hand cleaner and have used this now for 15 years. No more ear problems.

Comment from: seaowl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

Painful jaw and ear area. You could not even touch that area without it hurting. Clogged ears, very little hearing. Extreme pain.

Must Read Articles Related to Swimmer's Ear

Earache
Earache Earache is pain in the ear. An earache can be caused by infections or fungus. There are types of ear infections to include otitis externa, otitis externa (swimm...learn more >>
Ear Infection
Wilderness: Ear Infection An infection of the ear can be the ear canal (otitis externa), the eardrum, or the middle mear (otitis media). Symptoms of an ear infection include ear pain, he...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swimmer's Ear:

Swimmer's Ear - Causes

What was the cause of your swimmer's ear?

Swimmer's Ear - Home Remedies

What home remedies have been effective for your swimmer's ear?