Viewer Comments: Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes:

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: dancer09bestie, 13-18 Female Published: September 30

I am 17 years old. I've had this knot under my arm scence I was 13 and I still have no idea what it is. It is immflammatory (under right armpit). I'm scared a little about it and sometimes I can't sleep at night. Sometimes I cry alot and I don't really cry easily. It is from that area. It's a golf ball size. It's sometimes squishy and a lot of the time hard as a brick. I wish that I knew what I was dealing with in this situation but I have no idea quite yet. I'm sure it's better to go to the doctor and find out what can be done about it rather than being so scared. It's possible it could be treated easily. Maybe there is nothing to be scared of. I should ask someone to take me to the doctor. The sooner...the better.

Comment from: mitch, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

About 1 week ago, I felt some not too severe pain on the left side of my neck and could feel a "lump" there. Shortly afterwards, the pain was gone but the lump remains, although (and this is difficult to tell) it seems a little smaller. I also have a stye "trying" to start in my right eye. It becomes painful but then the pain goes away but then it comes back.

Comment from: Trixie, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 23

Female, 28 yrs old. Diagnosed with MS last year, daily injections. Recently found swollen lymph nodes in groin area. Waited several weeks, went to doctor, put on antibiotics. Month later, have not went down. Back to doctor, scheduled a biopsy. Told today they are benign. But they are still there as big as ever was. So many questions, no one seems to have an answer or even care.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

Hello I have had swollen lymph nodes (in my neck) since I had a really bad sore throat and cold in April. It is mid June, and my lymph nodes are still swollen, they constantly ache and cause pain in my teeth. Sometimes they hurt more if I am tired, and less after sleep. It would be a great help if you could give me any ideas of what the problem is, and what I need to do to take care of it. Thank you so much for your help!

Comment from: mikeg, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 11

I had a severe cut to my finger which required removal of glass and stitches. Several days later I noticed the lymph nodes around my groin area became swollen. I have had fever and some night sweats. Other than being sore I go about my daily life. About 5pm. I will feel feverish. I take some Tylenol and then I seem to be ok. I was diagnosed with CLL a few months go, but white blood count has gone down. I went to my hematologist and he was puzzled. No sore throat or sign of lymph node activity anywhere else. He wants to wait another week of so and just see if the inflammation will go way.

Comment from: Joduan, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

I have a swollen lymph node under my left armpit. It has been there for two weeks. I am taking the antibiotic twice daily. The swelling has gone down a little, but the spot is harder. The blood test showed nothing abnormal.

Comment from: Kdj21368, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I have enlarged lymph nodes on both sides in groin. This has been going on for over a year. I've seen five different doctors had biopsy, CT scans, and a PET scan. I had surgery and one node removed. My doctor finally told me they may never go away. They are very large and painful. I had cervical cancer 20 yrs ago so I am worried and hoping they have not overlooked anything.

Comment from: Jessie_29, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 18

My son's glands on his neck are swollen and have been for some time now. He's been given antibiotics for throat infections that didn't affect them at all.

Comment from: rcraft, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I am having pain in my right side of my neck under my right ear, and I wonder if this is something I shoud be concerned about. It hurts to touch and when I eat or drink anything. Thank you.

Must Read Articles Related to Swollen Lymph Glands

Abscess
Abscess An abscess is has several causes and can appear on many parts of the body, such as the dental, vaginal, and rectal areas. In general, home remedies or cures are...learn more >>
Breast Cancer
Breast Cancer Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women. Symptoms and signs of breast cancer include breast lumps, nipple discharge or inversion, or change...learn more >>
Cancer of the Mouth and Throat
Cancer of the Mouth and Throat Cancer of the mouth and throat may look like an ulcer or a sore on the tongue, lips, inside lining of the cheeks, and other structures. Tobacco use, sun exposur...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes:

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes?

Swollen Lymph Nodes - Cause

What was the cause of your swollen lymph nodes?