IN THIS ARTICLE
Your doctor will advise you not to have sexual activity until your doctor confirms by blood tests that you are no longer infectious. This may take 2-3 months. It is important for you to advise your sexual partners and close contacts to be checked for syphilis. Your local health department can help.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/26/2014
Scott E Rudkin, MD, MBA, RDMS
Barbara J Blasko, MD
Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
James Ungar, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Syphilis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Syphilis:
Syphilis - Causes
What caused your syphilis?
Syphilis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your syphilis?
Syphilis - Treatments
What was the treatment for your syphilis?
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?