Tailbone (Coccyx) Injury (cont.)
Tailbone Injury Symptoms
- Severe localized pain and tenderness may be felt in the tailbone area.
- If the injury is traumatic, a bruise may be visible in this area.
- The pain is generally worse when sitting for prolonged periods of time, or with direct pressure to the tailbone area.
- Bowel movementsand straining are often painful.
- Some women may experience pain during sexual intercourse.
Must Read Articles Related to Tailbone (Coccyx) Injury
Bicycling is a common means of transportation as well as an increasingly popular source of recreation, exercise, and sport. With more than 100 million bicycle o...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>
Pain During Intercourse
Pain during intercourse (dyspareunia) is pain or discomfort in a woman's labial, vaginal, or pelvic areas during or after sexual intercourse. Pain during interc...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tailbone (Coccyx) Injury: