Viewer Comments: Tailbone Pain - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tailbone Pain (Coccydynia):

Tailbone Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your tailbone pain?

Comment from: Julia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 25

I'm a 48-year old healthy female. I've had pain in my coccyx for 6 years. No known specific trauma, though I did fall once when rollerblading. I'm surprised when reading all the comments, that no one expresses what is my greatest pain: I don't have any pain so much when sitting, but complete agony when trying to GET UP from a seated position. The pressure is incredible. I find when I sit on any chair, near to the edge with my weight on my upper thighs, the pressure is removed from my coccyx, and I can get up. From all I've read, there isn't much to be done, but sit carefully, and not for too long at a time. and take NSAIDS when it gets unbearable.

Must Read Articles Related to Tailbone (Coccyx) Injury

Bicycle Safety
Bicycle Safety Bicycling is both a common form of recreation and transportation, which means it's important to remain safe through wearing protective gear like helmets and obe...learn more >>
CT Scan (CAT Scan, Computerized Axial Tomography)
CT Scan Computerized tomography scans (CT scans) are an important diagnostic tool for a variety of medical conditions. The process uses X-rays and a computer to produce...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tailbone Pain (Coccydynia):

Tailbone Pain - Describe Your Injury

Please describe your tailbone injury.

Tailbone Pain - Recovery Time

What was the recovery time for your tailbone pain?

Tailbone Pain - Cause

What caused your tailbone pain?