Take the Asthma Quiz
Do you know your facts about asthma? Take the quiz and see.
- True or False. Asthma is an emotional or psychological illness.
- True or False. All people with allergies have asthma.
- True or False. A number of Olympic medalists have asthma.
- True or False. Asthma can be cured.
- True or False. Some children "outgrow" asthma.
- How Many? On average, how many microscopic dust mites are in a double-sized bed?
- a) 200 (two hundred)
- b) 200,000 (two hundred thousand)
- c) 2,000,000 (two million)
- True or False. Some dog breeds, such as Chihuahuas, are better for people with asthma and allergies.
- True or False. All pet allergens will be cleared from a room once a pet is removed.
- True or False. Secondhand smoke may be a contributing factor to the development of asthma in preschool-aged children.
- True or False. All known asthma triggers can be avoided.
- True or False. Asthma is the most common chronic disease of children.
- True or False. Asthma costs the US economy nearly $56 billion each year.
- True or False. A blood test can confirm whether or not someone has asthma.
- True or False. Symptoms of exercise-induced asthma usually peak within 20 minutes of beginning exercise.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/15/2014
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD