Take the Asthma Quiz
Girish Sharma, MD
Richard F Lockey, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Zab Mosenifar, MD
Do you know your facts about asthma? Take the quiz and see.
1. True or False. Asthma is an emotional or psychological illness.
2. True or False. All people with allergies have asthma.
3. True or False. A number of Olympic medalists have asthma.
4. True or False. Asthma can be cured.
5. True or False. Some children "outgrow" asthma.
6. How Many? On average, how many microscopic dust mites are in a double-sized bed?
a) 200 (two hundred)
b) 200,000 (two hundred thousand)
c) 2,000,000 (two million)
7. True or False. Some dog breeds, such as Chihuahuas, are better for people with asthma and allergies.
8. True or False. All pet allergens will be cleared from a room once a pet is removed.
9. True or False. Secondhand smoke may be a contributing factor to the development of asthma in preschool-aged children.
10. True or False. All known asthma triggers can be avoided.
11. True or False. Asthma is the most common chronic disease of children.
12. True or False. Asthma costs the US economy nearly $13 billion each year.
13. True or False. A blood test can confirm whether or not someone has asthma.
14. True or False. Symptoms of exercise-induced asthma usually peak within 20 minutes of beginning exercise.
Must Read Articles Related to Take the Asthma Quiz
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.
Asthma and Allergy Resources
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Pill Identifier on RxList
- quick, easy,
Find a Local Pharmacy
- including 24 hour, pharmacies