Viewer Comments: Tennis Elbow - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis):

Tennis Elbow - Causes

What caused your tennis elbow?

Comment from: coffeegirl22, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I work in a hair salon, and got my tennis elbow from sweeping hair. Pretty hard to not do it since it is a daily part of my job. I live on Motrin and can't hold anything without extreme pain.

Comment from: Lici, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I am a wheelchair user and pushing myself around in the chair caused my tennis elbow.

Comment from: theresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I got a tennis elbow when I tried to lift a heavy object and felt the tear immediately. I should have been more careful.

Comment from: mel1028, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I am having severe pain in the elbow and when I burp I have severe knife stabbing pains in my elbow. I cannot straighten my arm. I am left handed and it is my left elbow. I take care of my grandsons daily, and one is a year old.

Comment from: Tiger, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

My tennis elbow caused by playing too much tennis. I also had the wrong tennis string with high tension.

Must Read Articles Related to Tennis Elbow

Elbow Pain
Elbow Pain Elbow pain has many causes and risk factors, such as joint overuse and placing too much stress on the joint at any given time. Diagnosis may require learn more >>
Sprains and Strains
Sprains and Strains An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, while an injury to a muscle or tendon is called a strain. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, bruising, and d...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis):

Tennis Elbow - Treatment

What treatments did you receive for tennis elbow?

Tennis Elbow - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your tennis elbow?

Tennis Elbow - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid developing tennis elbow?