Viewer Comments: Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis:

Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your testicle infection and how was it treated?

Comment from: plumberwithballs, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I have just had a testicle infection and am just coming up to the end of my course of antibiotics. It started when I sat funny on the sofa crushing my right testicle causing little discomfort however the next night I started getting very painful twinges shooting from my right testicle to my abdomen to the point I was nearly in tears! The next day I made an appointment to visit my doctor who gave me an examination by feeling my testicles. I was prescribed an antibiotic course, but I still feel the pain so I am rebooking an appointment with my doctor. To any one reading this, my advice would be to go to the doctor as soon as you feel any of the symptoms I mentioned.

Comment from: Deckstar, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 13

I am an average male, 30 years old, married with 2 kids. I went to bed one night and woke up for work the next day and felt discomfort in my left testicle. Thought maybe I slept funny. Friday rolled around and the top of the left testicle was sensitive to the touch and had a decent size lump that I could feel with my fingers. So I made an appointment for the following Monday. Monday I went in the doctor examined by touching, which was like getting flicked in the nut. She then perscribed "Levaquin" once a day for 14 days. We'll see how it goes.

Must Read Articles Related to Testicle Infection (Epididymitis)

Mumps
Mumps Mumps is a disease, usually of children, caused by a virus. With mumps, your salivary glands swell. Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, gland swelling, ...learn more >>
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread through any type of sexual activity ...learn more >>
Testicular Pain
Testicular Pain Testicular pain has many causes including trauma, epididymitis (testicle infection) testicular torsion (a surgical emergency), STDs, enlarged prostate, inguinal...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis:

Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Treatments

What was the treatment for your testicle infection (epididymitis)?