Viewer Comments: Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis:

Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Treatments

What was the treatment for your testicle infection (epididymitis)?

Comment from: hurtin fr srtin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 06

I was just diagnosed with epididymitis and put on Sepra. I hope to get over it faster than everybody else on here. You guys depressed me.

Comment from: Randy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 24

I had epididymitis for about nine months. Month after month i took the same antibiotics but it never helped. I went to the ER several times during this period but the last time, they transported me a better hospital where I saw a doctor who knew what he was doing. He put me on Endomyacin, an anti-inflammatory medication, but he failed to tell me that I was supposed to have a blood test every three months. Now I can't take any anti-inflammatory medications. not even over the counter without it causing acute renal failure. So if your doctor puts you on Endomyacin, make sure he does blood checks like he's supposed to or you might end up like me and have acute kidney failure anytime you take an anti-inflammatory.

Comment from: Eric, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 06

Following doctor's advise, I rested for a day, took medication of course, wear a jock (which helps with the pain), cutting down on coffee and beer significantly and abstaining from sex during the treatment period. Hit at all the fun stuff but is worth it to get over this condition as quick as possible.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 11

I was shocked to see the size of my testicle. I immediately went to the doctor and was prescribed Cipro. I was told to sit in tub of water as hot as I could stand several times a day. They work together and after three days the pain has subsided and some of the swelling is gone.

Comment from: slpzgud1, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 22

I tried sitting in a recliner for long periods of time with a ziploc bag full of ice between my legs. It temporarily relieved the scrotal inflammation and helped it feel more normal. Also just last night I started doubling up on Saw Palmetto. I'm definitely feeling better today.

Must Read Articles Related to Testicle Infection (Epididymitis)

Mumps
Mumps Mumps is a disease, usually of children, caused by a virus. With mumps, your salivary glands swell. Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, gland swelling, ...learn more >>
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread through any type of sexual activity ...learn more >>
Testicular Pain
Testicular Pain Testicular pain has many causes including trauma, epididymitis (testicle infection) testicular torsion (a surgical emergency), STDs, enlarged prostate, inguinal...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epididymitis:

Testicle Infection (Epididymitis) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your testicle infection and how was it treated?