Viewer Comments: Testicular Pain - Effective Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Testicular Pain:

Testicular Pain - Effective Treatment

What treatment was effective for your testicular pain?

Comment from: gemcityjeff, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 27

I've experiencing testicular pain for going on 2 years now. It always occurs when I am active at work, standing or moving about. Also have minute traces of blood in urine. I have been to my regular doctor and also to a urologist. Urologist diagnosed me as having a minute kidney stone after doing a CT scan, prostate and bladder testing. He put me on meds and I took as prescribed three times per daily for three months straight. Still the pain occurs. Just how long does it take to dissolve a small kidney stone anyway? He seemed upset that I'd stopped taking the meds after only three months and insisted I get back on them. So I took them for another two months but my money is running short so I had to stop again.

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: January 23

I had pain in my right testicle and had two specialists trying to find out the cause. A woman doctor after running some tests found out that I had a very small piece of kidney stone stuck in the tub. She said to drink two bottles of cold beer very fast and go to bed and trying to hold on until I cannot do it anymore. They gave me a filter cone to urinate in it in the morning. To my surprise it rejected the little stone and got it to the hospital to be analyzed. The reason for drinking beer is the malt in the beer which is heavier than water. I never had pain again for years until yesterday. I will be doing the same thing again and see what happen. Hopefully this will help somebody.

Comment from: Phil, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 16

I had a case of spontaneous torsion about 6 months ago. Pain came on suddenly and was almost totally debilitating. I soldiered on for a few hours until I finally bit the bullet and went to the local emergency department. I'm glad I did as they had me in surgery within 2 hours for an orchiopexy. The recovery was painful but happily everything was sorted out and I have had no pain since. Guys, if you do get any major pain, don't grin and bear it, admit you need help and get it sorted!!!

Comment from: sarge, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have read your comments on testes pain. Well i have been suffering for several years finally found a doctor who knew what he was doing. You won't believe this but it is very true. I was treated for just about everything you could think of nothing worked. This neurosurgeon had me do a MRI of the lower back. The nerves were all in a mess! I had surgery and now there is no more pain. Amazing!

Comment from: Lbrownmo35, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 31

My husband has had testicular pain for many years. Sometimes they just ache. He has seen seven doctors who all diagnosed epididymitis. He has pain upon ejaculation and this worsens the older he gets. Doctors have been unable to help him. He is still a young man at 54 and very virile but the pain causes him to sometimes want to avoid sex.

Comment from: Ohio, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 02

I have a recently experienced an occasional intense pain in the right testicle that is associated with the simplest touch or hit, i.e., stepping sideways and my pant seam touches it, bumping myself lightly with my briefcase. The pain is intense but gone instantaneously. When I self examine and try, hesitatingly, to re-create it, I cannot. Anyone had any experience with this?

Comment from: dsizzle, 25-34 Male Published: February 17

My left testicle has had shooting pain in it for about 72 hours on and off, mostly on. I notice it most at night time, or sometimes when sitting down. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, but it can be very intense all of a sudden, while at other times it will not hurt at all.

Comment from: Seattle58, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I have had testicular pain on and off since the age of 13. It was mis-diagnosed for many years as muscle spasms. I was told to wear a supporter. this had very little results. After nearly 40 years of bi yearly bouts of pain,I was finally diagnosed with a UTI type infection brought on by a faulty valve that alows urine to back up into the vas-deferines. A ten day course of antibiotics is all that is required. This is a twice yearly event. don't suffer for years. Ask your doctor check for this.

Comment from: hoosiermike, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

My right testicle is aching and throbbing mostly at night when I go to bed. The pain is not too bad the anxiety is the worst although the pain is there. I'm not having any problems with my left one just the right one. Also on the right inside of the top part of my inner thigh, I am experiencing the same symptoms.

Must Read Articles Related to Testicular Pain

Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Testicular Cancer
Cancer of the Testicle Testicular cancer is a cancer...learn more >>
Inflammation of the Testicle (Orchitis)
Inflammation of the Testicle (Orchitis) Orchitis is inflammation of one or both testicles in men, usually caused by an infection. Examples of causes of orchitis include a viral infection such as mumps...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Testicular Pain:

Testicular Pain - Experience

Please share your experience with testicular pain.

Testicular Pain - Causes

What caused your testicular pain?

Testicular Pain - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your testicular pain?