Viewer Comments: Testicular Torsion - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Testicular Torsion:

Testicular Torsion - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with testicular torsion?

Comment from: KeninRI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I suffered from extreme pain in the groin area on and off for 10 years. I was told it's called intermittent torsion. The pain was so bad at times I found myself curled up in a ball on the floor. I couldn't catch my breath, and sweat poured out of me as if I was in a shower. When the pain stopped I would walk off the soreness and I would be fine. This happened every two to four months.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

The pain woke me up and the pain even shot through to my knee and abdomen making it hard to walk or sit. I don't know how you would not go right to the hospital, as excruciating pain understates what I felt. The pain brought me to sweats, nausea, and paleness along with chills, but once in the ER, I was quickly given hydromorphone, which helped a lot. After a confirming sonogram, the surgery was done but was not bad.

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: February 15

I was diagnosed with torsion. I had prior trauma. One night the testicle swelled very large. It was very painful.

Comment from: annom, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

My left testicle was swollen and painful when walking and I also had low abdominal pain.

Comment from: anonymous lad, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I feel pain in my left testicle and it makes it hard for me to walk. I also have sore erections.

Comment from: milindbo, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 20

With my testicular torsion, I had nausea, vomiting, and pains radiating to inner thigh and in my groin.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 04

With testicular torsion, I experienced pain during and after sex.

Must Read Articles Related to Testicular Torsion

Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>
Inflammation of the Testicle (Orchitis)
Inflammation of the Testicle (Orchitis) Orchitis is inflammation of one or both testicles in men, usually caused by an infection. Examples of causes of orchitis include a viral infection such as mumps...learn more >>
Testicular Pain
Testicular Pain Testicular pain has many causes including trauma, epididymitis (testicle infection) testicular torsion (a surgical emergency), STDs, enlarged prostate, inguinal...learn more >>