Viewer Comments: Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Nodules:

Thyroid Nodules - Symptoms and Signs

What were the symptoms and signs you experienced for thyroid nodules?

Comment from: jessib1977, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

Last night my GI doctor sent me to the ER. She wanted a CT scan of my neck, chest, and abdomen. I've been having pain in my stomach and chest for two days. I was sent home after being told they didn't find anything. This morning my doctor called and told me they had found a nodule on my thyroid. I go tomorrow for an ultrasound. I have sat here and been thinking over the last year. My health has been steadily declining. For the last 6 to 9 months I have had constant pain, fatigue, hair loss, sensitivity to temperature, and weight gain. I had a total hysterectomy last year. I had attributed all of these to that. Now I wonder. I've had problems with my vocal cords, swallowing and even breathing well. I'm now completely terrified. I'm a single mom of three. My family has a strong cancer presence in our history on both sides. I just don't know what to do at this point.

Comment from: worriedsick, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 18

My daughter is a teenager and has a nodule on her thyroid that was detected 2 years ago. We have had a biopsy which was indeterminate. The nodule is growing and my doctor has given me the choice of another biopsy or surgical removal. I don't know what to do if the biopsy still says indeterminate there is still this nodule growing. She has no pain, but she is really fatigued and seems to get more colds than the average person.

Comment from: Neglected, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I am 56 years old. My family doctor wanted to have tests done on my thyroid for the past 3 years. I was sent to a Specialist in November last year. He just ignored me after I went to see him. He told me to take iron pills as he thought I was anemic. I am experiencing severe chills and fatigue in my body. I finally took my friend's advice and went to her family doctor. He told me that I have a complex thyroid condition. He is sending me to a specialist of his choice on the 18th of November. The doctor that I just saw says I need a biopsy and surgery to remove the cyst and nodules that I have in my thyroid. I will be so relieved to finally get some medical treatment after 3 years.

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

Nodules were found on both sides of my thyroid during a neck MRI and a biopsy. The doctor doing the biopsy said that they could only get fluid out of the right side and would have to have a nuclear biopsy on the left because 2 were buried to deep. My doctor was afraid of hitting an artery. When I finally called the referred doctor for the results and to schedule the nuclear biopsy she said she did not see anything to worry about. She asked when my next visit was which is next month and said we would look at this again. I am concerned.

Comment from: shelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

My ears hurt, swallowing seems to be difficult at times, mouth has been on dry side, I'll start sweating, feel like I'm going to faint, and feel lumps on my neck. I thought it was something else. I've been on Synthroid 0.125 for 3 months, with a level between 9 and 13.8.

Must Read Articles Related to Thyroid Nodules

Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism Hyperthyroidism refers to a condition in which the thyroid gland produces too much thyroid hormone. Causes of hyperthyroidism include Graves' disease, thyroid a...learn more >>
Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone. Causes of hypothyroidism include Hashimotot's thyroiditis, sub...learn more >>
Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid Cancer Find out more about thyroid cancer's symptoms, signs, diagnosis, treatment, and risk factors. The main types of thyroid cancer include papillary thyroid cancer,...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Thyroid Nodules:

Thyroid Nodule - Treatment

What was the treatment for your thyroid nodule?

Thyroid Nodules - Causes

What caused your thyroid nodules?

Thyroid Nodules - Treatment

What was the treatment for your thyroid nodules?